Monday, April 5, 2010

Home Again

After a loooong day of flying, I finally have made it home to Las Vegas. But there were a few more things I wanted to share with you about my trip to Virginia.

First, though the movers hadn't shown up by the time I left, we did get some furniture for the apartment:


The couch as a couch...


...and as a bed!

Pretty nifty, if you ask me.

She also got a table with some chairs...


Not much...but it's a start. And definitely better than sitting on the floor. My body's getting too old for that.

We also got a chance to take the metro into DC for a little bit.




It was such a beautiful day for a stroll around the National Mall. So amazing to actually be there and see these awesome sights in person.

The Washington Memorial:


The Lincoln Memorial:



I totally wanted to go home and watch National Treasure after seeing all these places...the first one. :)

We also saw the Korean War Memorial, which was really neat with all these life-sized soldiers posed as if walking through the rain in the jungles of Korea:




Too many awesome sights and inspiring memorials to put on here. Can't wait to go back and see more.

It was also the National Cherry Blossom Festival and the trees turned out in all their splendor.



I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful time to be there.

We finished off our day by visiting the Washington DC temple (which is actually in Maryland).



I didn't know it would be so big and so tall. And so amazingly beautiful!

I thoroughly enjoyed my road trip. From Nevada to Arizona, New Mexico through Texas to Oklahoma; through Arkansas to Tennessee and finally on into Virginia. What a way to spend my Spring Break and see this wonderful, beautiful United States of America. I love this country!

I hope you've enjoyed coming with me on my road trip. I hope to be able to chronicle more upcoming trips on this blog. Until then, check back every once in awhile...I've got plenty of past trips that I may just put on here until I embark on my next adventure. Until then...

~TT

No comments:

Post a Comment